Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Update and Commentary

Sales of the book are off to a solid start. What really got them going was when the hardcovers showed up about a month earlier than my publisher had promised them. Some people have gone to the Tate Publishing website and ordered the e-book. To all who have purchased, my thanks. I still have plenty of copies on hand for those who are interested in obtaining an autographed copy. General release date is June 5, 2012, at which point all the major Internet retailers will have it. Those copies, however, will not be autographed, and the hardcovers are a special press only available directly from me. So keep that in mind.

Recently I have experienced an uptick in junk e-mail. I expected this, but so far one was completely comical. It claimed to be from a woman in Uganda who wrote to 'Dear Writer' seeking contributions so she could pay an alleged 30,000 pound tuition for a Masters in Writing degree. She hoped I could see my way to contribute 'just' 3% of that, or 900 pounds. Well, sorry, but that isn't happening. I'm a writer, not a sucker. Besides, I don't have that kind of spare change burning a hole in my pocket. I blacklisted that person and I expect to have to do it some more. Sadly, I expected this, but I have to have a public e-mail so people can reach me.

Yes, marketing the book is a lot of work and will remain so. However, it does have its rewards. Even when you have to put up with the bots....

No comments:

Post a Comment