Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Final Approval Submitted

Yesterday I signed off on the Final Approval on the proof for my book. So now it is on its way to marketing who will advise me of the release date. Said official release date will be three months after printing starts. I am told, and understand, that this is industry normal to get all the store channels set up and get everything squared with the online retailers. However, shortly I will be able to order books for myself and use them to promote it, as well as give some out to a couple good friends who I believe have earned one. Most of them I intend to use to send to some fellow writers and some agents in the hopes of getting some useful reviews and set the stage for the sale of the second book.

While this is certainly an exciting time and an important milestone, I had some issues to deal with as regards what I presently do for a living. I stared at the elephant and I blinked. I have been way too negative in other areas of my life and, really, I know better. You get out of life what you put into it, and I had been sowing some poison in mine. I've put my head back on straight and know the path that I will take. Much will change in my world in the months ahead and they will all be for the better.

At any rate, once I do know what the release date will be, I will share it here and on the Facebook page for the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment