Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How I've Made My Living

I'm 50 years old and I will turn 51 on May 13th. My 50th birthday was on a Friday. I thought that was too cool. I graduated from Canyon High School in Anaheim CA in 1979. My first job was as a night custodian at a convalescent home. That was so depressing I only lasted there about 10 months. Started working for Farmers Insurance in the mail room in 1980. I stayed with them until 1985 in various positions. That was the year I got serious about college so I went to work part time at a video store that went out of business in the Fall of 1987. I graduated from Cal State Fullerton in 1989. In 1990 I became an insurance claims adjustor. I stank at it, to be frank. Ended up quitting that in May of 1991. I then did temp work until February of 1993, when I was hired by Loomis Armored. I stayed with them until May of 2006. They even transferred me to Arizona in 1995 when I asked to be. In May of 2006 I started working with Accram Inc., where I am now.

At Loomis and here at Accram I have been employed in Payables, Receivables, and Payroll. These are not creative outlets. The numbers are what they are, like them or not.

Writing gives me the creative outlet I need. I get fulfillment and satisfaction from it. Which is why I intend to keep writing novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment